
September 22 marked 10 months since our sweet boy came into our lives! DOUBLE DIGITS! This also means that his 1 year birthday is only 2 months away. I wanna crawl up in a ball & cry. Neeext subject, please.
I've been having talks with myself about how to cope with the fact that my baby is about to no longer be a baby. I'm having a hard time believing how fast time has gone, but I am grateful for every second I've had with my handsome man.
Weight: 18lbs (still 4th %)
Height: not sure. I need a measuring tape.
Clothing: 6-9 months & 9 months. 3-6 month pants still.
Diapers: Size 3
Sleeping: 12+ hours a night!! (And, takes 2 naps a day)
Teeth: 1st one last week!
Teeth: 1st one last week!
Tricks:
Porter has learned to stand at the piano while I play. He can reach the keys, and play, if
he's on his tip toes. He's so proud!
he's on his tip toes. He's so proud!
Food:
Loves his baby food. Hasn't met a food he doesn't like. Still nursing about 3-4 times a day. Has 3 "solid" meals a day. And snacks. Loves cheese, grapes, yogurt, and his baby rice snacks.
Porter would spend the entire day outside if you would let him (I wish it wasn't getting so cold!). He is still cruising furniture and is letting go of things, but doesn't keep balance very well. No attempted steps yet and he is completely uninterested in trying to walk if you hold his arms up to balance him. He does seem to be a climber and tries to shimmy up anything he can get his feet on.
He LOVES his soos (soother) more than anything. If it falls out he puts it back in. (so glad he can do that himself now!)
Porter has finally learned to laugh! Like, REALLY laugh! It's my favorite sound ever!
We are not excited for the Edmonton winter to come, but we still love living here. We love our ward. Porter and I go to the YMCA every morning. I drop him off at child minding for an hour so i can workout. It's been wonderful having all these amenities so close to me.
A couple of weeks ago we took a quick trip down to Waterton with 2 couples. It was so fun to get away and just relax, eat good food, and play games all night. We climbed Bear's Hump as well which I haven't done in at least 5 years! It felt great and Porter was so good (as per usual).
Doug is doing great in school and we are so proud of how hard he is working!
A couple of weeks ago we took a quick trip down to Waterton with 2 couples. It was so fun to get away and just relax, eat good food, and play games all night. We climbed Bear's Hump as well which I haven't done in at least 5 years! It felt great and Porter was so good (as per usual).
![]() |
| Top of Bears Hump (love that view) |
Doug is doing great in school and we are so proud of how hard he is working!
![]() |
| Drumming on the toilet. |
![]() |
| Getting into Mischief!! |
![]() |
| Love you Sweet Boy!! |






