Friday, January 18, 2013

Long Time, No See

WARNING: LONG POST!!

Well the last time I posted I was 2 months pregnant, and now I have an almost 2 month old baby! Holy how time flies!! I figure I should do a catch up on the last forever!! haha First we'll start of with a little birth story since everyone loves those :)

On November 21st, 2012 at 3:00am I was woken up by contractions about 10 minutes apart. very random and not consistent at all, but I couldn't sleep. Doug went hunting for the day and I went to my moms and just walked around her house most of the day.

At about 3:00pm I went to the doctors (a very busy place at that time) to see if I was dilated at all. But it was too busy and my contractions were too uncomfortable for me to just sit in a waiting room and wait. So I left.
Right before Porter was born

My contractions got closer together during the afternoon and Doug got home around 6:30 and at 8:00pm we went to the hospital. And 15 minutes later I was sent back home. I was only 1cm. JOY! I went back to my house and Doug slept from about 9:00- 4:00am (I think). my contractions were still inconsistent but close together and I was having pretty much all back labor so I sat in the hot bath lots and continued to fill it up with hot water. meanwhile, I was very tired since I had been up since 3:00am and couldn't sleep between contractions.

My mom came over at about 2am (this is now the 22nd) to bring me a rice bag and her back massager cause my back hurt so bad during contractions, but I didn't end up using them too much. She stayed with me until we went to the hospital at 6:00. They checked me and I was 3cm almost 4cm so they kept me there and I again sat in the bath. During every contraction I had to have Doug. I either had to be leaning on him or else holding his hand. He was so awesome through it all!!

At 10:30am they checked me again and i was 5cm. so as you see things were moving quite slow!! They gave me the option of going as I was, real slow, or having my water broken and things moving quicker. I gotta say I was petrified to have my water broken. I had no idea what to expect and I've heard all the horror stories of how bad labor is, but mine hadn't been that bad yet, so if they broke my water how bad was it gonna get? I decided that no matter what I was gonna have to get to that point and either they were gonna break my water and I'd get there faster, or I'd wait it out which could take hours. so at 11:00am they broke my water and I stood in the shower with the water just on my lower back cuz the back labor got a little worse.

at about 11:45am i decided I felt like I had to push. At that point 8 more people came into the delivery room, so there were 10 people in there plus me!! It was a nut house. There was Doug, my mom, Dr. Smith, Dr. Callahan (the resident doctor that delivered Porter), the student Dr, 2 student nurses, my 2 nurses, and the adviser of the student nurses. Then my 2 sister in laws outside the room waiting!! 

They got me in the bed and told me I wasn't allowed to push cause I was only 9cm. That was the worst part of having a baby. Needing to push so bad, but not being able to!! Anyways, finally at 12:00ish I was allowed to push and at 12:32pm Porter Douglas Boehme came into the world at 6lbs 12oz and 19.3" long. And i must say I was so in love, he was Beautiful!!
Right Fresh
So Perfect!!
Daddy Love
On our way home :)
Photography by Kels

first family photo.



 Christmas was so nice this year. We set up our first Christmas tree and we had our own house :) Christmas Eve we usually go to the live Nativity in Lethbridge, but it was so cold out and lots of people in the family were sick so we didn't get to do that. We did do fondue for dinner and chocolate fondue as well. We then opened pajamas :) my favorite!! At Thyme Maternity they had pajamas for the mom and matching for baby.

little tigger
 Christmas morning we woke up and went over to my moms house. I didn't take any pictures Christmas day :( but Porter got a hopping Tigger toy and Doug got an iMac. Doug got me a NEW PIANO! :) I was so surprised!! And I might have cried.

The best present of all was given to my mom, by Doug and I. On the Christmas tree we put an envelope with a letter inside that said, "Our New Rental House". Inside I made kind of a fake kijiji add with a picture of her house and the description of her house explaining that we would be moving into her house for the year. Our plan was to move to Edmonton for Doug to work full time, but we just didn't have a good feeling about it so he registered for school and we stayed in Raymond. Our house was already rented out for a year so we couldn't live there (well we could've voided the contract if we wanted, but decided to save some money).

stole from facebook :)
Boxing Day, we did a little shopping. Doug bought us a new TV and i bought some new pants and boots. Doug's grandma Boehme does a family reunion type thing every year on boxing day so we went to that and ate and hung out with some family. Then went to the Boehme farm for some Pond Hockey. On the 28th we have my mom's family party which we do at our house. We eat tons of food and play lots of games and the boys usually sneak in the basement to play rook til like 3 in the morning. The 29th Tanner and Christine got married!! It was kind of a chilly day, but it turned out so perfect. It was wonderful to be able to be in the temple with them :) they looked so happy!! All in all Christmas was wonderful, it always is!

-Teag