 |
| May 22, 2013... officially half a year old |
I cannot believe my baby is 1/2 a year old!! We get to hang out all day and it's the best!! Here's a little update:
Porter has dirty blonde hair and gray/blue eyes and the LONGEST eyelashes ever. Everyone comments on them.
Porter is 25" long and 15 lbs 12oz. I think most babies his age are hitting the 18lb mark by now... (still in size 2 diapers and the straps still cross over like an inch lol) He wears 3-6 month onsies and he can still wear his 0-3 month pants. haha they're a little short so usually he wears his 3 month pants with a belt cuz they're big.
He is the happiest boy ever!! He smiles all day long, but he WONT laugh. If I work really really really really hard he'll giggle, but usually only when I tickle him to death and then I feel bad... We must not be very funny.
 |
| This is what i get to wake up to every morning :) |
Porter is still not sleeping through the night. I've decided that once he does than he can have the title 'Perfect Baby'. He usually goes down at about 8:30 and gets up at 1:30 then eats real fast and back down and up at 7:30. So not horrible, but I would LOVE a full nights sleep. He takes 3-1hr naps, but I'm trying to change up his schedule so he has a short nap in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon and that's all.. (we'll see how that goes)
This boy rolls and rolls and rolls!! He is constantly moving if he's not in his Highchair or Jumparoo (which he LOVES). He can sit on his own for about 15 seconds, but his head is too big and it always falls to the ground (poor kid lol)
He LOVES his walks. We went on a 2 hr walk the other day and he was happy as can be the whole time, he fell asleep about the last 15 minutes.
 |
| Loves his food.. peas. |
 |
| lovely little treat in the tub! BARF |
We started Porter on solid foods... Brown Rice Cereal, Avocado, Sweet Potato, and Pears. He could eat food all day if I let him. It's his favorite, and when his bowl is Empty he cries and cries. We've also started giving him a sippy cup with water which just recently he's gotten the hang of. Even though I love trying him on different foods i HATE HATE HATE the nasty poops now!! ewwww.
 |
| Watching Baby Einstein with Emily |
Another favorite is Baby Einstein. I don't let him watch it very often, but when I need to get something done I just turn it on and he's happy.. Seriously easiest baby.
And Now for pictures!! 'cause they're everyone's favorite :)
 |
| cool dude (don't know how to rotate) |
 |
| He Loves his Bath!! |
 |
| Porter's girlfriend Jovie |
 |
| Love his smile (picture is stretched for some reason) |
 |
| sleeping babies are the best!! |
 |
| LOVE his shoes.. he has way to many |
 |
| hanging out outside |
 |
| THAT TONGUE! haha |
 |
| he'll sleep anywhere. A true Boehme. |
|
|
 |
| ...anywhere (waiting for Aunt Christine to visit) |
 |
| love me some baby shades |
 |
| his daddy loves him. |
I feel so blessed to have this boy in my life!! He is so happy and brings so much joy to our family. We've been so blessed to be surrounded by family this past 6 months, but are so excited to start our new adventure in Edmonton. I've heard so many great things about it there and Doug has applied for school there to do his undergrad for Dentistry! YAY!! We already have such great friends there and they have young babies too. I can't wait to see what the future brings for us!!