Porter is seriously the perfect baby! He now sleeps through the night. Yayyyy. It is seriously the best feeling in the world to get 8-10 hours of sleep. He goes down at about 8 and wake up between 7-8. I only had to let him cry it out one night. He woke up twice and cried for 15 minutes both times. I didn't even go in, just let him cry and he fell back asleep. And from then on he slept through the night... Easy peasy!
Porter also got his first set of shots. I waited until he was 6 months just cause I'm a pansy and hate needles. I thought holding him off would make it easier, but I still bawled like a baby. He was awesome though. He cried a bit and then was fine. He didn't get a fever. Wasn't fussy. Still slept through the night. Yup... Perfect baby.
Porter had a specialist appointment this month, he only has one descended testicle...poor kid, he has to get surgery sometime before he's one to being the other one down. It involves putting a slit in his belly button to find it, and then another cut somewhere else to bring it down. Until then we'll just enjoy our 'one nut wonder' ( as his dad likes to call him).
Porter still can't sit up on his own. He can for about 10 seconds, but his head is too heavy and he always falls over. Poor kid.

He can rock on his knees and shoot himself forward to get around. He constantly hits his face on the floor, but is too determined to get what he wants to cry.

Porter is seriously the happiest baby ever. He loves his solid food, mostly pears. He loves his mom and dad. It's my favorite when we walk in after his nap and he's kicking like crazy with the hugest smile.
He can say 'dadadada' ( I don't think he realizes it means dad, but we pretend he knows).
He is definitely a soother baby, which I love, cause I hate when he sucks on his hands and he's all slobbery. Yuck!!
I hate when food gets all over his face and hands. I dono why, but I'll never be able to just put spaghetti with sauce on my baby's tray and let him go at it. I HATE the mess. He will always be fed by me. And if he's missing out on some kind of development cause I won't let him do it himself, then I guess I'm a bad mom... Oh well.
Porter had an ear infection this month :( I took him to the Dr. and they gave me a prescription for Penicillin, but I decided to try Hydrogen Peroxide and Garlic Oil first and it worked like a charm!!
 |
| keeping the garlic oil in his ear.. good boy |
We love living in Edmonton. Doug has been accepted to a school called
Concordia. So we are so excited to be living up there for a while. We've
made friends and they have babies close to the same age as Porter. We
live in a basement suite for now under some friends of ours, but
starting September we will be trailer trash. Woooohooo.
And now photos.... of course...
 |
He'd make a cute girl don't ya think? lol Doug says if I ever do this again I'm dead meat! |
 |
| Hanging out at Aunt Candace and Uncle Andrews house! |
 |
| on a walk with my handsome man |
 |
| love the tongue!! |
 |
| LOVES his jumperoo |
 |
| fast asleep on our walk. (can anyone tell me how to rotate the photo) |
 |
| sitting up on his own! |
 |
| Love this boy!! |
 |
| IG photo... cutest outfit!! |
 |
| Porter's friend Kyro! |
 |
| We don't have a bathtub... Porter doesn't seem to mind |
|
 |
| Love Daddy/Son moments!! |