As of last week Porter is officially weaned. (Don't judge me because he's under 1). He'll be 1 in two weeks and I wanted to have him weaned by then. I started off slowly. At 8 months he was nursing 4 times a day. Morning, nap, nap, and night.
At 9 months I took away his morning feed. I've read lots of book/articles saying that usually you don't take away morning or night feeds first cause those are the ones baby's love the most, but the morning feed was easiest to lose for Porter, cause he'd just wake up and eat breakfast.
At 10 months I took away his morning nap feed, which was somewhat hard for him, but after a day he realized he didn't need it :) I seriously thought weaning would be much harder than it was. At 11 months I took away his afternoon nap feed and eventually he was just done with his night feeding as well.. Easy peasy!
Now don't get me wrong, I'm actually quite sad that he is weaned. It was kind of that time I had, just him and me, snuggling. When Porter was born I knew I was going to nurse, but I didn't realize how time consuming it was. After about a month I really started to enjoy the time I got to spend just holding my boy (even in the middle of the night). It's crazy the connection we had. Now when bedtime comes around he just lays his head on my lap, or Doug's shoulder and we know it's bedtime. Easy babies are the BEST!!(don't mind my bragging!) Also my body finally feels back to normal! No more hot flashes, or cold flashes. No more over filled/leaky milk makers (just deflated ones). So it's kind of nice, but kind of sad at the same time... Bitter-Sweet.
On an even happier note, we're going to CABO in January! Baby Free!! My mom is going to take Porter for the week so Doug and I can enjoy a nice holiday! Thank goodness for grammas and grampas!! They're the best! We're looking forward to it!! That is when I'll be extra happy that Porter is weaned. Now to work my butt off and hopefully get in decent shape. (if only sugar wasn't so evil!!)




