I can't believe I've been a mom to this amazing little boy for a year plus already. It's crazy how the time just flies by. Porter is changing so much every day and sometimes I wish time would just stop so I could enjoy some moments just a bit longer. We celebrated his 1st birthday on Nov. 22 by having a few friends over and having cake. We've started eating way healthier so this cake was sugar free, dairy free, and gluten free (Paleo). It actually tasted really good and no one said it tasted weird (maybe they were just being nice?) We got him a couple gifts, which the other kids enjoyed opening more than he did, but he loves the toys! and I might have cried a little thinking about how fast this year has gone by.
Stats:
Porter is still itty bitty weighing in at 19 lbs 6oz.. haha
I don't know how tall he is.... short though
and yes his head is still huge! (I love it)
5 Teeth
size 3 diapers.
can still wear 6 month onesies 6-12mo. pants. 9 month tops. to say the lease he is small...
Porter is finally walking as of a couple weeks ago. He's getting better, and It's so fun to watch him go. It's crazy how happy and proud we were when he took his first steps.
He says lots of words. Some are... Mama, mommy, Dada, daddy, Hi, Bye, Puppy (his favorite right now), Ball, car, Yuck, Yummy, soft (he says this when he pets Molly or touches our faces), what's that? (kinda like "wassa" and he points), and he always says "daba--daba--daba" (who knows what it means... Porter language). It's so fun to hear his sweet little voice as he tries to copy everything we say. He still LOVES to give kisses whenever we ask. He is seriously just the sweetest boy ever!! He's great at sharing and he loves hugs. He enjoys Sesame Street, but never really sits and watches until Elmo's World comes on. He's super into playing with any kind of kitchen utensil. As of late he loves playing with laundry baskets.
I love being this boys momma, everyday is an adventure and I wouldn't change it for the world.
I'm not going back to work, and I'm so excited I get to keep spending every day with my Mr. Porter. We love him lots!!
Christmas was so much fun!! We headed down south Dec. 16 to my mom and dad's house. Doug headed to Whitefish to snowboard a couple days later which worked out perfectly 'cause he got me Christmas gifts down there and I got his here. This is the first Christmas where neither of us actually knew what we were getting. Who knew surprises were so fun. Christmas Eve we always go to the nativity, I love this tradition so much. It really helps us remember the true meaning of Christmas. We also opened pyjamas that night.
Christmas morning we planned to open gifts at 8:00. I got doug new basketball shoes and a remote control car (he's wanted one since he was 10), and he got me a food processor :) so happy. Porter got too many gifts, of course, but it was so fun to watch him open gifts. He enjoyed ripping the paper.
On Boxing Day we had Doug's family party. I love getting together with his family. We booked a church in Lethbridge to fit our big family. The day was filled with great food and games. I also snuck in a little Boxing Day shopping :)
The 28th is always my family's Christmas party, this year we were sad to hear that the Boehme Adult Party was the same night so we missed out on that, but we love hanging out with my family as well. There is always a ton of food and lots of people. We played Werewolf most of the night. It gets pretty intense.
The rest of the week everyone was pretty sick with flu and pink eye so New Years we just hung out at my parents house. We counted down from 10 for the New Year and kissed and went to bed. Haha I was surprised I even made it to midnight!!
The next evening we drove to Calgary cause on the 2nd we were flying to Mexico!! I was so sad to be leaving my boy, but so excited to get to the warm sun! We knew he was in good hands, and thank goodness cause he got sick the week we left :( poor boy!! And poor gramma and grampa! We are so grateful for them! It was so nice in Mexico 27+ degrees all week, but by day 4 I was crazy missing my baby!! I never thought it would be so hard to leave him! Other than missing him I enjoyed a week of no diapers and just spending time with Doug. It was a great holiday, but I'm so glad to be home!!
| Simple Decorations |
![]() |
| Can't Believe he's ONE!! |
| Paleo Birthday Cake. |
| He was happy... |
| Then he hated life! |
| We got one decent picture.. kinda |
| Then all hell broke loose! |
| One of his birthday gifts |
| MERRY CHRISTMAS! |
| Doug loved his race car! |
| Day 1 in Mexico |
| Last Day in Mexico |
![]() |
| Cool little lizard |
| Towel animals on our bed |
| Lover's Beach |
| Beautiful beach!! |
| Doug learned to surf |


